Republic of the Philippines
Province of Negros Oriental
Office of the Sangguniang Panlungsod
City of Tanjay
EXCERPT FROM THE JOURNAL OF THE 121ST REGULAR SESSION OF THE 7TH SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD OF THE CITY OF TANJAY HELD AT THE SP SESSION HALL ON NOVEMBER 19, 2018.
|Honorable Jovencio S. Bumanglag, Sr.||City Vice-Mayor/Presiding Officer|
|Honorable Regalado D. Salma, Jr.||Member|
|Honorable Daryll T. Aba||Member|
|Honorable Francisco R. Dael, Jr.||Member|
|Honorable Joselito R. Manso||Member|
|Honorable Henry R. Tam||Member|
|Honorable Felix R. Mira, Jr.||Member|
|Honorable Teopisto T. Calumpang, Jr.||Member|
|Honorable Patchita Y. Bulandres||Member|
|Honorable Epifanio T. Busmion||Member|
|Honorable Irving M. Malunda||Member|
|Honorable Segfredo O. Buagas (ABC President)||Member|
|Honorable James Kenneth G. Aguilar (SK President)||MEMBER|
RESOLUTION NO. 18-396
“WHEREAS, it has been observed that the occurrence of continuing oil price hikes will undoubtedly cause higher cost of fuels, food and other basic commodities;
“WHEREAS, the City Government of Tanjay recognizes the fact that the public transport sector is among the most vulnerable to the economic aftermath of oil price increases;
“WHEREAS, finding merit and/or basis on the request/petition for tricycle fare rate adjustments, the members of the Sangguniang Panlungsod resolve to favorably act on it with the end view of economically empowering these pedicab drivers/operators who depend on their livelihood and subsistence on the tricycle transport industry for them to have decent living standards;
“WHEREAS, this Ordinance recognizes and retains the fare discount privileges for students, senior citizens and person with disability (PWD) of the city in line with its social welfare policies;
“NOW THEREFORE, the Honorable Sangguniang Panlungsod, on motion of Member Regalado D. Salma, Jr., seconded by Members Patchita Y. Bulandres, Francisco R. Dael, Jr., Irving M. Malunda and Joselito R. Manso
“RESOLVED to pass the following ordinance, to wit:
ORDINANCE NO. _13
AN ORDINANCE INCREASING THE MINIMUM TRICYCLE FARE IN TANJAY CITY, SUBJECT TO ALL LAWS AND EXISTING LEGAL ORDERS AND REGULATIONS
“Be it ordained, as it is hereby ordained by this August Body, that:
“Section 1. Definition of Terms.
- Minimum Fare – the least possible amount or the lowest amount to be paid by a passenger of a tricycle.
- Tricycle operating within the jurisdiction of the City of Tanjay – only those tricycles having franchises issued by the Local Government Unit of Tanjay City.
- Student – A person who attends a university, college or school for study.
- Senior Citizen – Any person who is 60 years old and above.
- Disabled Person – Any person who is physically or mentally incapacitated.
“Section 2. The minimum fare for passenger for tricycle operating within the jurisdiction of the city of Tanjay, Province of Negros Oriental is hereby increased as follows:
- For the first one kilometer – from ₱8.00 to ₱10.00 ( an increase of ₱2.00)
- For the succeeding and additional kilometer or fraction thereof in excess of the first one kilometer – ₱1.00 per kilometer or fraction thereof.
“Section 3. All students, Senior Citizens and PWDs shall be entitled to a discount and their minimum fare shall be as follows:
- For the first kilometer – ₱8.00 per passenger.
- For the succeeding and additional kilometer or fraction thereof, in excess of the first one kilometer minimum – ₱1.00 per kilometer or fraction thereof.
- All children at the age of 6 years and below shall be except from paying fare while in company of any person.
- A child aging 6 years below who occupies a seat intended for passengers shall be paid in full if seating capacity of the tricycle is filled.
- In the same manner, when a passenger places a baggage on the seat intended for a passenger, he/she shall pay in full the space occupied.
- Schoolchildren can avail of a student privilege if an ID can be presented or if schoolchildren are in school uniform.
“Section 5. All Tricycle-for-hire operators and drivers are enjoined to place the new fare rates on a space in the tricycle unit visible to all passengers.
“Section 6. The provisions of this ordinance shall only be applicable to all tricycles with City Franchises issued by the Local Government of Tanjay City.
“Section 7. PENAL PROVISION. All persons found violating any provision of this ordinance shall be fined One Thousand Pesos (₱1,000.00) and/or imprisonment of two months, or both at the discretion of the court, without prejudice to any sanctions that the City Franchising Regulatory Board shall impose.
“Section 8. All previous municipal or city ordinances of Tanjay City pertaining to the increase in tricycle fare are hereby repealed.
“Section 9. This ordinance shall take effect upon its approval.
I HEREBY CERTIFY to the correctness of the above-quoted resolution.
JOSELITA C. FLORDELIZ
|REGALADO D. SALMA, JR.||DARYLL T. ABA||FRANCISCO R. DAEL, JR|
|JOSELITO R. MANSO||HENRY R. TAM||FELIX R. MIRA, JR.|
|TEOPISTO T. CALUMPANG, JR.||PATCHITA Y. BULANDRES||EPIFANIO T. BUSMION|
|IRVING M. MALUNDA||SEGFREDO O. BUAGAS|
| JOVENCIO S. BUMANGLAG, SR.
City Vice-Mayor/Presiding Officer
|REYNALDO S. CONCEPCION